For breakfast I eat up my vowels, my a e i o u, to which I add from consonants a fricative or two;
After that I move my bowels then write as poets do, and frequently am quite surprised to feel a trill come through.

Monday 28 March 2011

Venus by the Sea

A little ditty inspired by the world of the English saucy seaside postcard by artists such as Donald McGill

She was Venus Urania,
He her blackpool rock.
Hers was frenzied mania,
His was helpless shock.

She was hot and ready,
He was cold with fear.
She wants hugs with 'teddy',
He wants another beer.

She was holiday pudding,
he her custard sauce;
She was passion flooding,
He one knackered horse.




A little bit of Turkish: Deniz (The Sea)
Denize düşen yılana sarılır.
Who falls in the sea will grab even a snake.
(Or as we may say in English : Any old port in a storm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment