For breakfast I eat up my vowels, my a e i o u, to which I add from consonants a fricative or two;
After that I move my bowels then write as poets do, and frequently am quite surprised to feel a trill come through.

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Para Onlusu (Ten of Coins/Money)
A little bit of Turkish: Mutluluk (Happiness, Well-being, Bliss) Zenginlik (Wealth, Prosperity, Riches) Aptal (Fool, Stupid, Idiot, Dumb) Rüyalar (Dreams) Bilge (Wise, Sage)




Zenginlik aptal rüyalar; Bilge bir adam, mutluluk.
A fool dreams of wealth; a wise man of happiness.


An alternative name for the Ten of Coins in Turkish:
Tılsımlar Onlusus - Ten of Talismans
The term 'tılsımlar' (talismans) is used on some RWS decks (and its clones) as a translation of 'pentacles'.


The image of the Ten of Pentacles above is from a 1910 pack of tarot cards produced by Pamela Colman Smith for Arthur Edward Waite. For a modern reproduction I recommend the Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set.

No comments:

Post a Comment